Ad extensions have always been an excellent tool for enhancing your text ads’ visibility and relevance to increase engagement and improve performance results. With the new Microsoft Ads Filter Link extensions, advertisers can now represent various product categories with clickable links, allowing searchers to navigate their key offerings quickly.
Filter Link extensions are similar in appearance to Structured Snippet extensions and are set up almost the exact same way. The fundamental difference between the two is that you can add URL destinations with Filter Links for more efficient navigation directly from your ads. This extension can include a minimum of three and a maximum of ten clickable text links for each category header.
Filter Link Extension Details:
- They are available in all Microsoft Advertising markets on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Advertisers across many verticals can leverage up to 36 pre-defined headers in all Microsoft Advertising-supported languages.
- Filter Link extensions can be shown with other ad extensions, including Sitelinks.
- Clicks on Filter Link extensions will be charged the same cost-per-click (CPC) as clicks on the ad headline.
- Filter Link extensions can be created on the Microsoft Advertising UI only.
- Reporting is at the header level, not at an individual value level.
Microsoft Ads Filter Link extensions are an effective way to distinguish your ads and differentiate yourself from your competitors and other advertisers. This robust new extension type can provide a more comprehensive view of your different offerings while allowing shoppers the ability to navigate directly to any specific category of interest.
These extensions provide an excellent opportunity to expand on the scope and depth of your ad content — so why not give them a try?