The all mighty remarketing list has had a tremendous impact on conversions and revenue over the years, but what if that list could be expanded to two times, five times or even ten times its size? One solution has always been to have your remarketing code placed on a competitors website, but that always leads to the discussion about the security of placing someone else’s code on a website and usually ends with “it’s just not worth the risk.” But what if you were able to share your list with others and no foreign coding was required? This is achievable with a little help from Google AdWords on the back-end of individual accounts, and just recently made possible without the help of Google on an MCC (My Client Center) account.
If you have an MCC account and have the consent of all parties involved in the sharing of remarketing lists you can complete the set-up in just a few minutes using the below steps:
– Go to the admin tab of your main accounts page and check the accounts you want to share remarketing lists.
– Use the edit drop down menu > remarketing account and “change to this manager.”
– Go into each individual account > Account Settings > Account Access and flip the “on” switch for the remarketing list sharing which should now appear under the users with account access section.
– Go back to the main account page and select the audience tab and use the red drop-down menu to select “add list created by client.” Any client accounts you selected to share the lists in the prior steps should appear for you to click on and see all their available lists.
– Select the lists you want to share and hit save. Now those lists can be shared with all clients you enabled to share. The list may take a few hours to become available in the new client account so be patient.
How to monetize the list? Clients can choose to “rent” their lists to other clients or possibly just swap lists with businesses with similar types of audiences for greater exposure. Remember, you must have approval for sharing lists and make sure your website has any necessary legal disclosures regarding the use of personal information. Share responsibly!